Trailheads and Parking for the Nambe Badlands
The Nambe Badlands and Sombrillo Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC) have two main trailhead parking areas.
- The parking lot on the west side of NM 503 (The High Road to Taos) provides access to the Sombrillo ACEC (west of NM 503) and the Nambe Badlands (east of NM 503)
- Parking for approximately 12 vehicles
- No motor vehicles are allowed behind the gate or anywhere in the Sombrillo ACEC
- Please close the walk-through gate behind you
- The parking lot on the east side of NM 503
- Parking for approximately 15 vehicles, room for horse trailers
- Please close the gate behind you if you park behind the gate.
Please do not leave valuables in your vehicles at the trailheads.
Please report any suspicious activity or illegal parking to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office.
Please do not trespass on the Pojoaque Pueblo and Nambe Pueblo lands south of the BLM land.